Thursday 14 August 2014

Spending my Amazon vouchers

I recently spent my amazon vouchers on the most awesome birthday present for my husband, a super cool telescope!  Neither of us have got any experience with stargazing or telescopes but we both love watching these random space programs on the tv.

Well this if the one I went for, after researching telescopes for beginners that are pretty good too.

Celestron 31051 Astromaster 130EQ-MD Motor Drive Reflector Telescope






It does look really cool doesn't it! Even better in real life haha. It looked a bit complicated to set up and the instructions were actually needed and used!

Unfortunately for a whole week the moon was out of view, I was so disappointed as that was what I most wanted to see. When it did come round it really was worth waiting for. I even managed to get a few photos just using my mobile phone up against the eye piece.




Another amazingly cool thing was that we actually saw Saturn, rings and all! Sadly I didn't manage to get a photo this time. We have just got another lens at a higher magnification so looking forward to the next clear sky to try that out.

Without swagbucks there is no way I could have afforded to buy this great present :)

www.swagbucks.com/refer/kerrypage81
If anyone wants to sign up to swagbucks I would be very grateful if you used my referral link.

No comments:

Post a Comment